Saturday, 25 June 2011

The Dream

I look up at the sky
The stars smile at me
Ask them the reason why
Say, “You’re a lucky guy”

Amazed, I stare at them
They shine bright and smile
Seeing me confused, they reply
“Look at the girl
and know the reason why”

I look at the girl beside me
Ah! What a sight she was
Those beautiful hair and eyes
And her love really made me a lucky guy

She lay there on the grass
The whole world she meant to me
Even the moon felt jealous
And I thought I was a lucky guy

Her face, I couldn’t see
I attempt to look
But, she runs away
To the bridge over the brook

I pace after her
Just for a glimpse
But, she’s faster
Stops only on the brink

And then, she jumps, I scream
But, all in vain it seems
Seeing her fall, I think
Was I really that lucky a guy?

The sun shone bright
As I lay there, panting on my bed
Realising it was just a dream
I seriously needed to have a med

Suddenly I look beside me
The girl was there, beautiful as ever
As a smile spread across my face, I thought
“Hell yeah, I am still the same lucky guy!”
                                                                       

No comments:

Post a Comment