On this lovely evening, I wait for you
By the cliff, the same place we had met
The day has arrived, the day we promised to meet
You had assured me, told me you’d be here
I have kept mine, won’t you keep yours dear?
Long years back, I had held your hand and
You had clasped your arms around mine
With a soft kiss, you had asked,
“I will be here, will you make me feel safe?”
Yet, it is I, who is waiting for you here
Please tell me, why didn’t you come dear?
I long for you and the warmth of your tender embrace
I crave for your lips and the heat of their touch
Yet I am alone, waiting for you here
Why didn’t you come, why didn’t you dear?
I promise I’ll help you forget yourself, on this day
I’ll wash away all your yesterdays, all your fears
And give you hope, hope in the promise of an embrace
But where are you, why didn’t you come dear?
I want to be lost, lost in the depths of your eyes
I want to die, die today in your arms, amidst quiet and peace here
I need you to be my angel
And carry me to heaven with you
Can you promise me, can you dear?
I want you to come and let me hold your hand
And help you crossover into the world we belong
I promise to be your shield tonight
And protect you from yourself, your thoughts, sorrows and tears
I want you, I need you here
Won’t you come and let me help you dear?
I want your breath to caress my skin
I want to hold you, hold you all night
Stroke your hair, take you away and make you feel safe
Just take my hand and I’ll help you escape
I’ll have all your pain and disappointments here
You will come with me tonight, won’t you dear?
The vast sea summons, ready to drink us up
The vast land beckons, ready to eat us up
They promise to embrace and erase us from the earth
But I wait for you here
I still have hope that you will come and I’ll save you dear.
Now, as the future looks bleak
And hope starts to dim
My eyes still search for you, my hands stretch out,
Stretch out to reach for yours, to take you with me
But my soul rips apart, knowing that tonight
I am the only one here
Why didn’t you keep your promise, tell me, why didn’t you dear?
No comments:
Post a Comment