Sunday, 5 February 2012

Breaking the shell

Crushed by ice, covered with snow
Here I lie, numb
I don't know what I feel inside
Or maybe it is I don't feel anything


The 'reasons' are gone
The 'practical' things overstepped
Here I lie, in the grave of someone I was
Here I emerge, someone I am


Life will never be the same again
Cold my shelter, my self my temple
Now I will be happy, at last
Knowing that nothing can get to me, penetrate me


I slit my wrist
Nothing comes out, except for blood
Dark and cold, staining the gold
It spills, gushes down my fingers


And I try to feel the warmth
Of the vicious liquid, oozing out
A faint smile comes across my lips
Knowing I had been someone
Prudent, perplexed and placid
And I have become someone
Deranged, damaged, dazed and immune...

No comments:

Post a Comment