Friday, 3 February 2012

The difficult path


The mind is flustered
The voices are unclear
The cries are unheard
But, the hope is not lost


I have the courage to run
But then, I would be weak to do so
To take the easier choice and go
Leaving behind all I ever cared for
Along the way, losing a part of me


The blood was shed
And I feel the intruding pain
Surrounded by all of it
I am not affected, instead I am relieved
After all you always said I looked the best in red


I am not strong enough
To watch those tears trickling down
I am not stable enough
To see the blood-stained white rose, fall out of my hands


Wires surround my heart
Heat surges off my cuts
My cold feet make me numb
The chains weigh me down


Am I just an illusion, I ask you
A mirage, attractive, lacking real value?
Whatever.


I will sit right there, looking after you
While you float, fly, unrestricted
But you won’t realise, in every dimension
I will be watching over you always
Right there from the centre, holding you, keeping you


It can’t slow me, I won’t stop,
I will go on, taking you along
And someday, I know I will proudly look at and admire
The person standing there, in the mirror


And then, I will step back, slowly
I am not afraid, but I will
I will walk away from the rope, let my foot slip,
I will fall back, and I will fade away
But I will be happy and satisfied
If you greet me with just a smile…

No comments:

Post a Comment